Date: 8th December 2016
The Alice Through the Looking Glass star has topped the annual Forbes list again, with Will Smith coming in at number two.
The 53-year-old Oscar nominee has topped the list for the second year in a row after big budget sequel Alice Through the Looking Glass became the latest in a long line of flops. The release of the critically maligned fantasy arrived at the same time as allegations of domestic violence against his wife Amber Heard.
While Depp scored an Oscar nomination for last year’s true crime drama Black Mass, his box office appeal continues to wane with the Disney sequel making just $77m in the US compared to the original’s $334m. The past few years have also seen him fail to attract audiences to Mortdecai, Transcendence and The Lone Ranger. Next year sees him return to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
1. Johnny Depp – $2.80 for every $1
2. Will Smith – $5 for every $1
3. Channing Tatum – $6 for every $1
4. Will Ferrell – $6.50 for every $1
5. George Clooney – $6.70 for every $1
6. Adam Sandler – $7.60 for every $1
7. Mark Wahlberg – $9.20 for every $1
8. Leonardo DiCaprio – $9.90 for every $1
9. Julia Roberts – $10.8 for every $1
10. Bradley Cooper – $12.1 for every $1
Source: Press Release